SIXTEEN young Lake Macquarie singers have shown a glimpse of their talent that will be on public display in December.
Selected to perform at the Lake Macquarie 2014 International Children's Games opening ceremony in December, the vocalists put on a showcase at Charlestown Square on Thursday night.
International Children's Games vocal director and session vocalist for hit TV series The Voice, Marty Worrall, said it was a tough decision for the judges to select the final 16 vocalists from the 50 who auditioned for the part in the opening ceremony.
“We were looking for performers with beautiful tone, great pitch and a dynamic vocal range, as well as killer stage presence and an engaging performance,” Mr Worrall said.
“Turns out there is no shortage of amazing local talent, which made our job much harder.
“We are happy with the quality and the mix, and the results were seen tonight [at the showcase].”
The 16 vocalists who were selected to perform at the Lake Macquarie 2014 International Children's Games opening ceremony are:
· Kirra Pryor – Whitebridge High School
· Emma Masters – Kotara High School
· Fabihah Siddique – Merewether High School
· Kacie Bourke – Hunter School of Performing Arts
· Tom Johnson – Belmont High School
· Layla Tweed – Charlton Christian College
· Kaitlyn Simm – Whitebridge High School
· Gabrielle Connett – St Phillip’s Waratah
· Sebastien Thirnton-Walker – Hunter School of Performing Arts
· Jamie Razon – Lake Macquarie High School
· Jayde Corner – Lambton High School
· Khiara Doyle – Ali – St Phillip’s Waratah
· Lusha Lowndes – Hunter School of Performing Arts
· Nathan Robertson – Warners Bay High
· Tyler Chapman – Lambton High School
· Kristy April Hooper – St Phillip’s Waratah