Live music is set to sound through Lake Macquarie once again.
Lake Macquarie City Council has launched a new series called Live Music Lake Mac which will give music lovers a chance to sit back and enjoy the sounds of local and NSW-based musicians perform live and in a COVID Safe setting.
Kay Fraser, mayor of Lake Macquarie, said the series will boost the city's night time economy while supporting home-grown talent to perform on local stages.
"Live music performances play a significant role in Australian cultural life," Cr Fraser said.
"We love to celebrate as a community and we're lucky to have lots of incredible local talent and musicians visiting from around the state.
"I know our community will enjoy getting out and about and enjoying live music again."
Gigs will be staged at the newly refurbished Rathmines Theatre and Warners Bay Theatre from November 2020 to March 2021.
The series will kick off on Friday, November 6 with a performance at Warners Bay Theatre from iconic country music singer and Golden Guitar winner Shane Nicholson.
The first Live Music Lake Mac performance by Nicholson is also part of Great Southern Nights gig schedule.
Great Southern Nights is a new NSW Government initiative aimed at kick-starting the recovery of the state's live music industry by bringing 1000 COVID Safe gigs to Sydney and regional NSW across November.
Tickets to see Nicholson perform in Warners Bay are $35 each or $30 each for groups of four or more (purchased in one transaction).
Due to COVID restrictions, tickets are strictly limited. Click here to purchase tickets.
Live Music Lake Mac schedule:
- Thursday, November 12: Bondi Cigars, Rathmines Theatre
- Friday, November 27: Steve Balbi, Rathmines Theatre
- Thursday, December 3: Artist TBC, Rathmines Theatre
- Friday, December 11: Bruce Mathiske, Rathmines Theatre
- Thursday, January 28: 19 Twenty Band, Warners Bay Theatre
- Friday, February 5: Nathan Cavaleri, Rathmines Theatre
- Thursday, February 25: Ash Grunwald, Warners Bay Theatre
- Friday, March 5: Hat Fitz and Cara, Rathmines Theatre
Further details for each gig can be found at lakemac.com.au/livemusic. Tickets for each gig are available to buy now for $35 per person.